Tuesday, February 3, 2009

We're Bringing Sexy Back!

I have been doing a little but not enough to keep myself on track. I'll try to post at least once a week to keep myself in check.

I started using Chantix (the quit smoking pill) because all previous efforts have failed me. I'm on day two and my quit date is Monday so we'll see how this goes. I really do want to quit, each time I've truly wanted to quit. I just hope this is the final nail in that coffin.

As Jon stated I am going to be playing for the Chicago Riot. This will be my first time ever playing rugby. I've watched rugby but never played it. It's a physically demanding sport and I know it will help me in my efforts to get and stay healthy. I am very excited to start hitting people again.

I am signing up for my first 5k since the Cougar 5k fell through and I wasn't ready any way. I am signing up for the Run to Remember, a 5k benefiting the families of fallen CPD heroes. I will be there even if I have to walk part I'll finish the race and have one under my belt. I hope this will motivate me even more to compete harder, train harder and finish more races.

Well that's what's going on in a nutshell. Deuces!

No comments: