Monday, July 21, 2008

5K Training

I haven't smoked for 5 days, 9 hours and 42 minutes, saving 108.09 cigarettes and $24.32 .

That being said I start today with my 7 week training to run the 5k which is in 48 days. I have run a little before but never anything specific for training. Except for maybe hills and the track for football but even that had no purpose deep inside me.

I am excited, I have never run a race before and this is just a notch in my belt on the way to the marathon. I already know Jon is gonna whoop my ass because of the fact he has run these things before. I'm looking for forward to seeing what Nick has in him, he's a such great competitor and we always cause each other to take it up a notch. It seems as though Jon has caused me to try and raise the bar around him as well because he has another competitive spirit.

No comments: