Friday, July 25, 2008

I think I may be masochist

So today I have the day off work because I'm going to the cubs game (north side is better than south side!!!) and I went to the gym... After running a mile and half in 13.28 I have set forth these goals. Build up to 5 miles at less than a 9 min mile pace... this means 2 miles in under 18, 3 under 27 and so on. I would like to reach this goal by September. This will not be easy since I truly hate running, but I think I can do it by going to the gym regularly and continuing to build of what I've done.

Now to the masochist part: I got back on the stairmaster. I went for 15 min on level 7. I truly hate that thing and the only logical explanation for me to continue it would be masochism. There is no other valid reason to do it and for the machine to exist in the first place other than to inflict pain and suffering...

I will now follow up on my workout with pizza and excessive amounts of beer at the ball game: is this self-defeating? I rationalize it this way: I would drink and eat anyways, so at least going to the gym is better than not going to the gym, right?

JW

No comments: