Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rethinking the Hancock

So yesterday I ran a 8.45 mile (close to a personal best in my post college world) and so I was feeling pretty good. I though I would attempt to begin training for the Hustle up the Hancock... which now seems a very stupid and pointless thing. I went for about 10 minutes on the stairmaster and was dripping sweat from every pore on my body and was beyond tired, and that was at level 7... I am beginning to rethink this Hustle thing, not that I do not think I can do it, but that I wonder if i want to do it. It seems a lot of work and I may just stick to running.

I am also revising my goals set forth earlier. On Monday I ran 3 miles in about 27.45. This makes me think I can do a 5K (3.1 miles) in under 28 to begin with, so my revised goal is by year end a 5K under 26.30 and at least 1 under 27 min.

Just remember guys, consistency is the hardest part, but the most rewarding... better to run a mile every day for a week than to run 7 miles in one day and not run at all the next week...

There is the Lung Run in September, to benefit lung cancer research, I think this would be a good run for us considering we have stopped smoking and will be in MUCH better help when this comes around... let me know what you think.

J

1 comment:

Beave said...

Good job on the run man!

I think I still want to do the hustle but the not the full one in 2009, just the 52 floor one. I don't know if I really have it in me to do the whole thing just yet.

Your right about the consistency, thats something I am struggling with right now, but I am pushing myself to do it. Today was a run rest day I just didn't do my workout. I'll treat it as a total rest because I was so tired, I wouldn't have made it 5 minutes into a workout.